If there is one thing we always tend to overlook, it would probably have to be the bathroom faucet. Think about it: You have been taking care of your home’s renovation or construction, along with purchasing so many types of furniture, that you tend to forget the little things. But not a lot of people realize the importance of having the best bathroom faucet for your home. Wondering what to invest in? Read on as I show you the top five best ones!
- 1 How To Choose The Best Bathroom Faucet
- 2 Installing Or Replacing Bathroom Faucets
- 3 Cleaning And Maintaining A Bathroom Faucet
- 4 Top Five Best Bathroom Faucet Reviews 2018
- 4.1 1. Moen 6610BN Brantford Brushed nickel two-handle high arc bathroom faucet
- 4.2 2. Enzo Rodi ERF2311344CP-10 Two-Handle Widespread Bathroom Faucet
- 4.3 3. VCCUCINE Contemporary Single Handle Waterfall Bathroom Vanity Vessel Sink Faucet
- 4.4 4. VAPSINT Commercial Two Handle Centerset Lavatory Sink Bathroom Faucet
- 4.5 5. Comllen Modern Stainless Steel Double Handle Bathroom Sink Faucet
- 5 Wrapping It Up
How To Choose The Best Bathroom Faucet
Before we go any further on the best bathroom faucets, you’ll have to first learn on how to choose one suitable for you and your bathroom. If you aren’t sure of what you should get, here are some tips and factors to consider:
There are four main types of faucets:
- Single-hole faucets combine a sour and the mixing handles, which is usually a single lever. It only needs one drilled sink hole for installation. These are best for small sinks and for those who want something simple.
- Center-set faucets are for three-hole sinks, with a single lever or two handles. These are what usual bathroom sinks have.
- Widespread mounts are made of three pieces, which are the spout and two handles. It usually has a distance of eight inches and they are larger than other bathroom faucets. There are also smaller ones known as mini spreads.
- Wall-mount faucets are now becoming more popular as they are for freestanding sinks.
There are a ton of finishes to choose from and while that may seem great to match your design, it can get quite confusing! From polished chrome, nickel, steel, bronze, or even brass, you’ll probably wonder what’s the best in terms of design and strength!
Take note that while polished finishes look great, you’ll need to maintain it more to make it stay sparkling. I recommend brushed finishes, which hides water spots or fingerprints. Concentrate more so on the design and ensure that it’s made of the quality material built to last. Also, for design, coordinate the finish with everything else in your bathroom, such as the towel bars or doorknob.
For those who haven’t known yet, there is a Federal Energy Management Act of 1992, which requires new faucet fixtures made in the US to come with a flow rate of 2.5 gmp (gallons per minute). It’s best to go for faucets with a low flow rate not only to follow the law but to also save water for your costs and the environment.
4. New Features
There are now new types of technology that go with faucets today, fitting for families, couples, or single people out there!
- Sanitizing faucets are great for kids who love to play around with dirt, injecting a bit of ozone to kill more germs.
- Motion-activated faucets reduce the hassle of having to turn the handle, though it will need a battery.
- Self-powered motion activated is an even newer type of faucet, which generates electricity on its own.
- You can also opt for laminar flow, which makes the water soft and silky, making the flow lighter.
Installing Or Replacing Bathroom Faucets
Once you have a new bathroom faucet, you’ll need to learn how to install or replace it. It’s very easy and you’ll get to save money that way. Here are the steps on how to do so:
- The first step is to turn the water off to avoid any floods or damage to the sink. After that, remove the old faucet by loosening the nut then removing the strap and metal clip from the rod. Continue to unscrew the mounting nuts with a wrench. If it’s corroded, add penetrating oil and leave it for a few hours.
- Once all mounting nuts are out, pull out the old faucet, using a putty knife if needed.
- Now, seal the faucet openings if the sink is uneven. After that, slide the gasket of your new faucet over the supply tubes. Thread these tubes through the sink holes then place the faucet on the sink.
- Attach the nuts then center the faucet using a wrench. Then connect the water lines and give it a test run, checking for leaks.
- Assemble the pop-up drain and clean up. Once everything is assembled, turn the water on for a minute to ensure no leaks. And you’re done!
Cleaning And Maintaining A Bathroom Faucet
In order for a bathroom faucet to last for long, you’ll need to make sure you know how to clean and care for it regularly. For those first-timers, here are some tips to follow:
- When performing a routine cleaning, you should use dish soap mixture, combining mild dishwashing liquid with warm water. This will help prevent any damage coming to the faucet’s surface.
- Now scrub the faucet with any regular washrag using the soap mixture. Scrub it with a circular motion, starting with the base, handle, then the neck of your faucet.
- If you find any grimy areas around the faucet, use a toothbrush to scrub it off, with a bit of baking soda and water (like a paste mixture).
- If there are any cracks or spaces around the faucet, you can clean the insides with floss.
- After everything is done, rinse the faucet with cold water to remove any residue and soap.
- Dry the faucet with a microfiber cloth until it’s completely dry and shiny. And there you have it!
- For those who have calcium buildup on your faucet, you can use a calcium remover but make sure you are wearing rubber gloves as protection for it. Instead of calcium remover, you can also use vinegar. No need for rubber gloves for the latter.
- Dilute the calcium remover in water and pour this in a plastic, attaching it to the faucet and submerging your faucet’s tap in that mixture.
- Allow it to soak for about two hours and remove to slowly to avoid spillage.
- Scrub off any loosened residue and dry it with a microfiber cloth.
Top Five Best Bathroom Faucet Reviews 2018
Based on my testing, research, and overall customer reviews, here are my top five choices on the best bathroom faucets:
If you’re looking for the ultimate faucet that wins in both style and strength, I recommend the Moen 6610BN bathroom faucet. it has two lever handles which are easy to turn and adjust for water flow, as well as a three hole mount for an effortless installation. As for its material, it’s made of a nickel finish, which would resist flaking or corrosion for the faucet’s whole lifespan! And with a limited lifetime warranty included in the package, you have assured a faucet built to last for a very long time. All in all, I can truly say it’s worth the investment.
For those who want more of a traditional and classy design, then I recommend the Enzo Rodi ERF2311344CP-10 bathroom faucet. It’s made out of full brass, zinc alloys, ceramic, and a neoperl aerator for ultra durability. Again, thanks to its three-hole mount, which is compatible with many types of faucets.
As for its design and use, I like its handles, which has a great flow control and is easy to clean and use. And if you are a bit hesitant about the water that comes out of the faucet, not to fret. It complies with the law and standards to ensure that there is little to no lead in water for healthy usage.
I’m in love with VCCUCINE’s contemporary bathroom faucet for its modern and simple design. It only has a single handle but it does it does the job in easy water adjustments. It’s smooth to use and very simple, great for families with kids.
The faucet is made out of a brushed nickel finish and solid brass, making it resistant to any scratches or forms of corrosion. It also has a ceramic disc cartridge with lasts long, so you know you are getting something to last for years. As for its installation, you won’t have much of a problem with it as it comes with various fittings to match your sink.
It’s well made with a quiet close and a great design. And at such an affordable price, there’s nothing more I need to ask for!
This is a pretty unique design because it’s all black but that isn’t the only reason why I truly appreciate the VAPSINT Commercial bathroom faucet! It’s got one of the best disc cartridges which can be used for over a million times of opening and closing. The faucets have the quality engineering for a smooth and precise control when in use.
It’s made out of an oil-rubbed bronze finish for its extra style and strength. You’ll be surprised that with a faucet at such an affordable price, it’s made of the quality materials and looks so well-made. It’s truly a good value for your money.
Another affordable purchase is the Comllen Modern Stainless Steel bathroom faucet, made from a brushed nickel finish and metal handles. This makes sure that there will be no tarnish or corrosion when used daily. I also love its curved design and silver shine, giving off a contemporary and luxury feel to any bathroom!
It isn’t only the sleek lines that look amazing but its performance as well. It’s low-flow so you have no problem with the pressure or amount of water that comes out, making it compatible with both large or small sinks. It was also a breeze to install, which makes it a huge plus! All in all, I would recommend this for people who want a combination of modern and traditional designs for their sinks.
Wrapping It Up
A bathroom faucet isn’t something you should take for granted! With a quality bathroom sink, there will be no more worries of dealing with leaks or expensive repairs anymore. You’ll be able to wash your hands and face properly and without the hassle. That’s why it’s important to do your research even in the little things when fixing your home.
Out of all the bathroom faucets tried and tested, the best one would have to go to the Moen 6610BN Brantford Brushed Nickel Two-Handle High Arc Bathroom Faucet. It has a simple design that’s easy to use, with its handles being effortless to adjust for water. I also like the quick installation and quality material, with brushed nickel for it to last and look great for years to come! And with its lifetime warranty, it’s definitely worth the price. You have assured a faucet built to work effectively and last for a very long time.
I hope that this article on the best water faucet helped you become more knowledgeable about what you should begin investing in for your home. Make the right purchases for your bathroom today!
Do send in your questions or reviews of bathroom faucets down below. All input and contribution are appreciated!