Your cat deserves the best, and you’ll need to make sure that you invest in the proper cat furniture to keep your furry friend away from scratching yours! That’s when the best cat tree comes to the rescue, which is like a mini playground for your cat!
But how can you choose the best cat tree and where? Let me help you out and talk about what you need to know about cat trees and the top eight best ones you can choose from!
- 1 What Are Cat Trees?
- 2 Different Types of Cat Trees
- 3 Why You Should Use a Cat Tree
- 4 How to Choose the Best Cat Tree
- 5 Top 8 Best Cat Tree Reviews 2019
- 5.1 1. Simple Sleeper Cat Scratch Post and Bed
- 5.2 2. Go Pet Club Cat Tree
- 5.3 3. Armarkat Cat Tree Furniture Condo
- 5.4 4. TRIXIE Pet Products Baza Cat Tree
- 5.5 5. The Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower
- 5.6 6. PetFusion Modern Cat Activity Tree and Scratching Post
- 5.7 7. Vesper Cat Furniture
- 5.8 8. Merax Cat Tree Cat Tower with Condo/House Carb-certified Furniture
- 6 In Conclusion
What Are Cat Trees?
You probably already know how cats love going on trees, climbing until they reach the top. The problem is, it takes time getting them down, and there will be instances he won’t be able to! Cats climbing trees are dangerous, which is why there is a new type of cat furniture to keep your cat amused without having to worry about him going out and climbing the real trees anymore.
Cat trees are artificial structures cats can climb on when at home. These types of cat furniture are taller than your typical cat bed or post, with large beddings and mini houses your cat can lounge in.
There are many types of cat trees, all of them varying in height and size, also with the material and other features that come with it.
Different Types of Cat Trees
There are various kinds of cat trees to choose from, depending on what you expect it to do for your cat. Here are the three main types:
1. Cat Condo
This is the primary type of cat trees you’ll want for multiple cats. These are very tall structures with small individual rooms and beddings for your cats to rest in. They are great as beds where your cat can sleep in as well. The cat condo would also have the scratch posts and features where you can hang your pet’s cat toys to keep him busy.
2. Cat Post
These have the bedding that helps your cat sleep or rest, along with a scratch post to keep him busy during the day. While he can sleep on the beddings, the cat lounge has to offer; these are best for day use. Also, it may be smaller than cat condos, making it suitable for one or two cats only.
3. Themed Cat Trees
These are your primary cat trees or homes, but with the tall structure and different designs for fun and style. You can find medieval castles or even island themed cat trees!
Why You Should Use a Cat Tree
Why should you get an at a tree in the first place? Some pet owners feel like it might be a waste of money to invest in a cat tree when they can just purchase a cat bed or scratch post for their cat to be amused with. But owning a cat tree has a ton of benefits, such as
1. Territory – Are you tired of your cats marking their territories all over your home? Now that they have their very own cat tree, they have their property where they can lounge in. That way, they can mark their territory there without making a mess in your home.
2. Helps With Your Cat’s Claws – Many cat trees come with scratching posts which help with your cat’s claw health. Not only will it assist in strengthening the claws, but it will contribute to weaken out the old nails and make it easier to trim and remove. Plus, it’s another way to keep your cat busy and away from your furniture!
3. Fun and Rest – Cat trees provide a lot of fun from climbing and playing with any hanging cat toys that come with the furniture. Not only that, but they have flat platforms and mini homes where they can rest in the right after their day of play. It’s both a home and playground, making it a space saver. You save on money purchasing cat toys and beds.
4. Safety – Cat trees encourage your cat to stay at home and away from the real trees that can cause harm to your pet! You are assured that your cats are safe and resting and playing soundly in their cat tree.
5. Ideal for Multiple Cats – Cat trees are big and stable enough for cats to share, making it even better for them to sleep in. It’s great if you own two or more cats, especially if you purchase one with a lot of platforms and beds for them to have their space without fighting. It’ll again save you a lot of money and space from using multiple cat furniture in the long run.
How to Choose the Best Cat Tree
Now that you know what kind of cat trees to choose from, which one is the best for you and your cat? Check these factors when selecting the best cat tree for your pet:
Your cat tree should be robust and sturdy enough to hold your cat (or cats!). Watch out for the weight limit and find a cat tree suitable for the number of cats you own. The support and base should also be robust enough to avoid it from falling over or breaking.
Make sure that the cat tree’s base is wide and made out of the quality material. This will assure a long-lasting cat tree for your cats to enjoy. Remember to choose a cat tree you can easily assemble or disassemble, especially if you plan on traveling or moving with it.
Like mentioned, there are three main types of cat trees. Figure out how many cats will be sung it, as well as the adequate size to let your cats enjoy it without the cramped space. Consider your home’s space as well, since the cat tree might be too big to fit in your room.
Also, find the height to ensure stability and for your cat to enjoy the heights. Since cats are good climbers, they’ll want a very high cat tree. But if your cats are too young or getting older, then a medium-sized one is just fine.
Consider the design that would match your home and your cat’s preference. You can find themed cat trees, or you can also look out for useful features from a cat tree, such as a scratching post or even little hangers where you can add your cat’s favorite cat toys.
The design would also include the perches, ladders, tunnels or large platforms for your cat to avoid slipping or falling.
Cat trees aren’t the cheapest types of cat furniture, but you shouldn’t waste a lot of money as well. Make sure you set a reasonable budget suitable for a quality cat tree, which is about $100 to $600. While you don’t want to overpay, make sure that you don’t scrimp and purchase something low in quality as well.
Top 8 Best Cat Tree Reviews 2019
Based on research, testing, and overall customer reviews, here are the top eight best cat trees you can purchase today:
|Simple Sleeper Cat Scratch Post and Bed||19 x 21 x 37 in||4.9/5|
|Go Pet Club Cat Tree||15 x 34 x 20 in||4.8/5|
|Armarkat B5701 57-Inch Cat Tree||28 x 25 x 57 in||4.7/5|
|TRIXIE Pet Product Baza Cat Trees||16 x 20 x 16 in||4.5/5|
|The Refined Feline Lotus Cat Tower||20 x 20 x 69 in||4.9/5|
|PetFusion Modern Cat Activity Tree & Scratching Post||21 x 21 x 33 in||4.7/5|
|Vesper Cat Furniture||22.5 x 17 x 11 in||4.6/5|
|Merax Cat Tree Cat Tower||Overall Size : 48" H x 22" L x 16" W||4.8/5|
The Molly and Friends Simple Sleeper Cat Scratch Post and Bed is the small and adequately-sized cat tree for kittens or single cats. It isn’t only a scratch post or lounge, but it has the large beds for your cat to enjoy without feeling too squishes. The cat tree itself has two platforms and levels, ideal for just about ANY cat, may they be kittens or senior cats.
The bed itself is made out of quality materials, with a robust and broad base as well as the high-quality carpet for comfort and durability. While it’s large enough for cats to enjoy, the size is just right for any small or big home. You won’t need to worry about assembly, as it already comes setup and ready to be placed anywhere in your home.
The scratch post is made out of natural sisal rope, thick enough to withstand the sharpest of claws and playing. With these simple yet very high-quality features and advantages, it makes it well-worth the price. You can choose between different colors to match your interior design or for your cat’s preference.
- Ideal for all types of cats
- Very high-quality material- sturdy and with broad support
- Classic design, attractive for all homes
- Large platforms and base but can fit in any home
- Strong scratch post and soft bedding
- A bit more expensive for a simple cat tree
- Only for one or two cats
The Go Pet Club Cat Tree comes in two different designs and an elegant design fit for three to four cats! It has the sturdy build to withstand heavy weights and multiple bodies, as well as the ladders and platforms for lounging or playtime. There are even two small houses included for your cats to hide and sleep in peace.
There are three levels with the soft bedding and big scratch posts for your cat to stay forever on. My cats never get bored when on this cat tree because of the various heights and platforms they can climb on. Plus, it has two toy mice for your cats to play with while they’re staying on the platforms.
With various perches, condos, and ten posts made out of sisal rope for scratching, it’s one of the ultimate cat trees you should consider investing in. For all these features and an easy-to-assemble body, it’s worth the price.
- Only takes half an hour to assemble
- Ideal for up to four average cats
- Many scratch posts, perches, and condos
- Comes with two toy mice
- Reliable and durable base with soft carpeting
- Affordable price
- Carpet sheds a bit of fuzz
- Perches are a tad small for bigger cats
What’s great about the Armarkat Cat Tree is the fact that it comes in various sizes to choose from, with you being able to choose what you need for your cats. The whole piece of furniture is very easy to assemble and looks great in any room, with its simple design and colors. You won’t need to worry about assembly since it already has the tools and manual you need when setting it up, so you won’t need professional help or waste time.
The cat tree itself is made out of pressed wood and faux fleece covering, so it isn’t just stable, but it looks attractive and feels soft for your cats to lie down on as well.
The cat tree is perfect for anything: From playing, exercising, resting, or even climbing and scratching. It’s as sturdy as it is fun to play with, and no matter how many times your cat would jump on top of the tree, it won’t show signs of shaking or instability. Even the most active and craziest of cats would love jumping on it without the worry!
- Many sizes to choose from
- Ideal for two to three cats
- Made out of the durable products for comfort and scratching
- Built to last with stable support
- Affordable price
- Easy to assemble
- Base is a bit short
- The toys are small- a choking hazard
The TRIXIE cat tree is perfect for the small kittens and lone cat learning to climb. If your cat is unable to climb, then this one-level cat tree will keep him comfortable at a good height and soft bedding. The posts are made out of natural sisal making it durable and withstanding intense scratching sessions. The posts even has a dangling pom-pom toy for extra amusement.
Its plush fabric will have your cat well-rested and content. The hammock has a metal rim to support any cat size. You can even choose various sizes to choose from, making it suitable for all types of breeds and weights. You can also have it placed for two cats, adding a bed underneath the hammock.
At an affordable price and simple design to save up on space and assembly, it’s worth the purchase!
- Quality bed and scratch post
- Comes with dangling toy without choking hazard
- Stable and with proper support on the hammock
- Scratch posts are durable
- Great for small homes
- Runs small- Purchase a size bigger than what you want
- It’s not ideal for cats who love high places to climb on
Now, this is a unique design, because it doesn’t come in sift fabric, but a wooden body. But not to worry, as the platforms have a Brown Berber carpet which is sticked on the cat tree using Velcro. Plus, it comes with a Sisal pad to scratch on the floor or walls of the cat tree. Its plush cushions (covered with faux suede) on top of platforms make it a nice bed to lounge or sleep on. Also, it comes with a cute cubby for a secluded area where your cat can hide and enjoy his alone time.
While the cat tree requires assembly, it’s fairly easy and comes with an easy-to-understand manual and the tools needed for setting it up. It’s a bit expensive, but judging by its sleek design and four levels with quality cushions, it’s a sound investment for those who want ultimate stability for multiple cats.
- Easy to assemble
- Stable and can support multiple cats
- Soft cushions for lounging or scratching
- Unique wooden tower design
- More expensive than other cat trees
- The colors may be darker than advertised
PetFusion offers a small yet cute and adequately-sized cat tree fit for one or two cats. I love the small tunnel included for seclusion and amusement for your cats. It’s thoughtfully designed with the attractive body to improve on your home’s design, no matter how small or big your place is.
The cat tree is made out of premium materials with the stable construction built to last for years to come. Kittens and older cats alike will be able to enjoy the sisal carpet scratching posts and the plush carpeting on both tunnel and platform. It’s high enough for your cat to enjoy climbing. Another plus is the catnip spray included with the package so your cat will easily be attracted to it the moment it arrives. No need to worry about your cat hating it!
- Well-constructed and attractive design
- Reasonably prices
- Fits any cat size- Ideal for single or two cats
- Soft cushioning and tunnel for lounging
- Posts are fabric sisal- not as durable
- A bit heavy
One of the things I love about this cat tree would be its natural and modern design to match any home. You can even choose between different colors and innovative designs suitable for your cat, each of them having the beautifully constructed bodies you and your cat will appreciate. There are also various bases and levels to choose from so you have endless possibilities for your cat to enjoy.
Another plus is the cushioning- It’s made out of soft memory foam material so your cat can easily rest without feeling too fussy. It’s ideal for even the most fussiest and active felines who love jumping or are choosy with their bedding! With the quality, variety of choices, and its affordable price, you definitely get what you pay for.
- Many elegant styles to choose from
- Made out of soft memory foam cushions
- Has a cube cave and various platforms for climbing
- Easy to assemble
- Has an odor during the first week
- Bad customer service
If you want the ultimate cat tree for multiple cats, then the Merax Cat Tree has what you need. There are eight different designs to choose from, all of which are CARB-certified with the quality and durable materials. It’s not only safe and warm for cats, but fun as well. There are multiple scratch posts made out of natural sisal, as well as the different cat houses and platforms with ramps for cats to have fun climbing and lounging on.
This cat tree is easy to assemble with the beautiful design and color combination, a classy and elegant touch to your home! At a very affordable price, it’s worth the investment.
- Very big and able to support multiple or huge cats
- Easy to assemble
- Soft plush and durable scratching post
- Not as durable as other cat trees
- Better for kittens
Want to properly care for your cat? You’ll need to make sure that he has the quality toys and furniture for him to stay amused with while you’re busy. That’s why a cat tree is a sound investment for you and your cats. It has a lot of benefits and you won’t need to worry about your cat roaming around and ruining your furniture anymore!
Out of all the cat trees reviewed, the grand winner would have to go to Simple Sleeper Cat Scratch Post and Bed. It’s very simple but made out of the quality and durable materials built to last. The soft carpet lining and scratch post also makes it a delight to sleep on, so your cat won’t have trouble resting or sleeping on it. It’s ideal for one or two cats, with a small tower and large beds.
Though it may be quite expensive for a cat tree, you aren’t scrimping on, quality and you get what you’re paying for. With its simple and no frills design, it makes it a cat tree many felines will love resting and playing around in!
I hope that this article informs you on what the best cat tree is and what you need to know when purchasing one. So what are you waiting for? Invest in the best for your cat today and have him enjoy his very own cat tree!
Would you like to share your reviews on the best cat trees or ask anything? Then by all means, post your comment down below. All your comments will be greatly appreciated!