Water is life. We need clean water for various purposes such as drinking. However, there are contaminants that exist in unfiltered water. They pose a threat to our health. We must therefore invest in the best faucet water filter for purification. This article reviews 5 of the best faucet water filters in the market.
Why Do You Need the Best Faucet Water Filters?
There are so many reasons why you should invest in faucet water filter such as:
1. Purify water – The faucet water filter helps to remove contaminants from the water. It makes use of high-quality multi-stage filters that are effective to remove water contaminants such as sediment, lead, chlorine, pesticides, drug residues, chemicals and other toxic substances. It produces high-quality safe drinking water that has a great taste and free of odors.
2. Convenience – Once you have installed a faucet water filter, you get full-time access to purified water on demand. There is an added flexibility as it allows you to switch from filtered to unfiltered water when need be. This helps to save energy and increase the lifespan of the faucet water filter.
3. Environmental friendly – The faucet water filters cut down the use of plastic bottled water hence reducing plastic waste. Once you have clean water in your house, there is no need to buy bottled water. This helps to keep the environment clean.
4. Ease of installation and maintenance – Faucet water filters are easy to install, use and maintain. Installing is as simple as removing the aerator on the faucet and attaching the filter directly. There are no tools required to install. The cartridge filters are installed after a certain period of time.
5. Saves you money – This filter offers the most affordable type of drinking water purification system and it requires less maintenance. Once it is installed, you save the money that would have been used to buy drinking and cooking water.
Types of the Best Faucet Water Filters
There are different ways of classifying faucet water filters. The type of filter used to manufacture it and where the faucet water filter is positioned during installation.
1. Direct flow through faucet filter – It is normally attached at the end of the faucet. It is affordable and efficient at providing purified drinking water. However, the filters have to be replaced frequently.
2. Side offset flow through faucet filter – This is the most common type of faucet water filter in the market. It is easy to install. This faucet water filter is bulkier, longer lasting and more expensive than direct flow through faucet filter.
3. Carbon filters – In carbon faucet water filters, water is passed through a porous carbon material where the carbon absorbs the harmful substances. These filters have to be changed frequently.
4. Reverse Osmosis Filters – Some faucet water filters are made of carbon filters together with ultra-fine acetate membrane which removes impurities when water is passed through it under pressure. These filters remove a wider range of impurities than carbon filters. The carbon filter and the membrane will need to be replaced as per the manufacturer’s recommendations.
5. Under the counter filters – Most of the best faucet water filters are bulky. For this reason, they are installed under the counter to avoid taking a lot of space on the countertop. They produce large amounts of filtered water efficiently.
How to Choose the Best Faucet Water Filter
There are a number of factors that you need to consider. These are:
1. Product reviews – Consider what other users have to say about a particular model of faucet water filter. This will help you determine the pros and cons of each before choosing.
2. Type of contaminants – You should be aware of the type of contaminants that exist in your water. This will dictate how you choose a faucet water filter. Pick a model that removes those particular impurities in your local water.
3. Price, availability, and maintenance – The bigger the size of the cartridge filter, the higher the price of the faucet water filters. You will also spend more money in replacing it. Make sure that the cartridges filters of the model that you have picked are easily accessible at a fair price. This is important because your filters will require frequent replacement. The better the quality of the material that the cartridge is made of, the more durable it is.
4. Type of faucet filter – Make your mind on the kind of faucet water filter that you need. There are some with electric indicator which enables the user to know when it is time to replace it. You also have a choice of picking a faucet water filter that switches between filtered and unfiltered water. Switching when filtered water is not required helps to increase the lifespan of your filter and save energy.
5. Check the size and compatibility – Pick the correct unit for your faucet. You can get a connector or adapter if need be.
It is important to note that most built-in spray hose faucets do not have removable aerator. This makes it difficult to install a faucet water filter.
6. Efficiency – Efficiency of a faucet water filter is determined by the pleating. This woven material purifies the water as it passes through. Those models with filters that have a high number of pleats with smaller openings are more efficient.
7. The material used to construct the filter – Metal faucet water filters are great. They offer a better and tighter grip and are more efficient with fewer leaks.
5 Best Faucet Water Filters Reviews 2019
This faucet water filter features Maxion filter technology which blends carbon and ion exchange materials making it very efficient at filtering more than 70 contaminants. The premium triple action filter is great at reducing water impurities such as chlorine, pharmaceuticals, pesticides, industrial pollutants, lead and mercury from the water.
These impurities are filtered without removing beneficial fluoride from the water. It features a MineralClear design which filters water over natural minerals to give it a crisp and refreshing taste. This faucet water filter is compatible with any PUR faucet filtration system that is available.
The faucet water filter is also user-friendly because it is easy to install and replace. It has a lifespan of 3 months before any replacement is required.
This faucet water filter features FM-25R advanced filtration filters that reduce a large number of contaminants. These contaminants include lead, lindane, atrazine, chlorine, particulates class I and turbidity. It is also excellent at removing the bad taste and odor in water. The System is tested and certified by NSF International against ANSI standard 42 and 53.
The filter cartridge has a filter capacity of 200 gallons of fresh clean water before replacement is required. It can last for up to 2 months. It comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer.
It features a simple diverter tab which is great because it allows you to switch from filtered to regular water if need be. It also offers easy installation without the aid of any tools or professional help.
It comes with 2 adapters that can fit most aerator faucets. It has a shiny chrome finish which adds a great stylish look in your kitchen. The faucet filter is less bulky compared to other models of faucet water filters in the market. The major shortcoming is that it does not fit on drop down faucets.
Kabter faucet water filter is designed with activated carbon or KDF55 which is great at reducing a wide range of impurities such as benzene, chlorine, cysts, sediment, asbestos, lead and mercury from the water. The KDF55 is also resistant to the growth of fungi, mold, and lime and gets rid of bacteria as well.
It removes the sour taste and bad smell from your water due to chlorine and improves the taste. It is made from ABS plastic that is durable and free of BPA and Phthalate. It also has a compact design.
This faucet water filter is versatile because it is compatible with most faucets. Each filter cartridge has a lifespan of 3 to 5 months. It has a water capacity of 200 gallons before replacement. The filter cartridges are easy to replace.
This faucet water filter system ensures that there is continuous providence of purified, fresh, crisp, great tasting water. It is designed to remove a wide range of contaminants and also very effective at getting rid of the taste and smell of chlorine. It uses 10 filtration stages to deliver clean and sparkling water. It is easy to use and install and usually has a conversion kit that is mounted under the sink. This kit is sold separately.
The filter is designed to eliminate contaminants while retaining minerals such as magnesium, potassium, chlorides, and fluorides. It has a 30-day money pay back guarantee with 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
It has a filter capacity of 1500 gallons of purified fresh water before replacement. It also has a compact design.
This faucet water filter is certified to eliminate more than 70 contaminants such as 92%lead, 99%pesticides, and 96% mercury. It features a built- in electronic filter life indicator which is great because it lets you know when it is time to replace the filter.
This filter is user-friendly because it is easy to remove and replace. The 360-degree swivel allows it to fit to most faucets. The advanced and advance plus models are designed with MineralClear filters which filter water over natural minerals for a crisp refreshing taste.
Each filter cartridge has a filter capacity of 100 gallons of clean, healthy and great tasting water for 3 months. It is versatile because it is compatible with most standard faucets. However, it cannot function with pull out and hand held faucets.
All the faucet water filters featured above are great. However, PUR MineralClear Faucet Refill RF-9999, 6 Pack has numerous advantages over the other models. It has received very high positive reviews with many users expressing their satisfaction with this faucet water filter. Additionally, it is easy to install and has a long life span of 3 months. It is also designed to purify a wide range of impurities from the water. Another major advantage is that it works efficiently without eliminating fluoride which is beneficial to the body. It features a MineralClear design which filters water over natural minerals to give it a crisp and refreshing taste. It also fulfills most of the considerations that one should make before purchasing a faucet water filter in that it filters a wide range of contaminants, has very high positive customer reviews, compatible with many faucets, very affordable and easy to install.