During those bad cold days, when you have a flu, or even when you live in an area with cold climate, you have to be able to keep your house warm.
Additionally, your body tends to become cold especially if you have been sitting in one position for a long time.
Infrared heaters are efficient appliances that warm a room when it is cold.
In this article, we are going to dig deep to discover more about this product. Also, we will review some of the best infrared heaters and what you should consider when you are looking for one.
- 1 Why Do You Need The Best Infrared Heater?
- 2 How Do Infrared Heaters Work?
- 3 Choosing the Best Infrared Heater
- 3.1 1. Types of infrared heaters
- 3.2 2. When buying a good heater, you should consider the following:
- 4 Top 8 Best Infrared Heater Reviews for 2018
- 4.1 1. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater – Best for Heating Large Rooms and Much More
- 4.2 2. Lifesmart Medium Room Infrared Heater – Remote Controlled Infrared Heater
- 4.3 3. Mr. Heater 30,000 BTU Propane Blue Flame Vent-Free Heater – Quiety Infrared Heater with Battery and Much More
- 4.4 4. Heat Storm Deluxe Logan Portable Infrared Space Heater – Best LED Display Infrared Heater For Clean Moist Air and Much More
- 4.5 5. ClassicFlame 47II100GRG Felicity 47″ Wall Mounted Infrared Quartz Fireplace – Good for Heating a Large Room and Much More
- 4.6 6. Vornado VH2 Whole Room Vortex Heater – Safe to Touch Casing with Shut off System in Case it Falls and Much More
- 4.7 7. Duraflame DFS-500-0 Thomas Electric Stove with Heater – Good Infrared Heater for Aesthetics and Zone Heating
- 4.8 8. PuraFlame 1250W Clara Red 9 inch Mini Portable electric Heater – Good LED Coal Effect with Auto Shut- Off Feature and Much More
- 5 Conclusion
Why Do You Need The Best Infrared Heater?
Infrared heaters usually release infrared heat to warm everything and anything in your home. Immediately you switch on the heater; it heats up every cold thing in your house thus will changing the room’s temperature.
On the other hand, you cannot just buy any infrared heater. For instance, there is no need of purchasing a heater that is too weak to heat up a whole room.
Thus, there are some reasons why you need to buy a good infrared heater.
- These heaters do not need a lot of caring for them to function well. In fact, they do not need regular replacement of their body parts. For instance, it does not need any type of lubrication whatsoever.
On the other hand, you will just have to keep it clean regularly so that the reflector and the whole of it can function as intended.
- A good infrared heater will quickly produce high amounts of heat regardless of how long it was off. This is contrary to some of the heaters in the market. They will take some time before they can produce the heat needed to make you warm.
- You can carry these heaters from one room to another. If you place it in your bedroom, for instance, you do not want a heater that will distract your sleep with its noise when it is warming you.
That is why people prefer these infrared heaters because they can keep the house warm without producing any noise.
- One of the advantages of these heaters is that they are very safe to use. You do not have to worry whenever a child or anyone touches the heater. This is because they have the necessary metal sheath that acts as a protective barrier to the heating elements.
- A good infrared heater will never produce dry heat. As a matter of fact, dry heat can cause discomfort on your bodies such as an itchy throat or itchy eyes. This is because the infrared heater usually produces very moist heat that usually penetrates deep into the body.
- The infrared heaters provide heat all at once. You do not need to preheat it so that it can produce heat. This makes infrared heaters environmental friendly because they use less energy to produce heat. In fact, manufacturers say that these heaters can provide constant heat to a room even at 800watts.
Additionally, these heaters do not produce by means of any toxic chemicals/ products or even fuels. Thus, they do not cause any harm to the environment.
- Infrared heaters normally heat only the objects or subjects on its path. Therefore, you can choose to only heat a small part of the room and leave out the rest of the room. Therefore, this can benefit the user because they will be able to save up any electricity costs by up to 50%.
How Do Infrared Heaters Work?
You can associate infrared heating with the type of heat that the sun radiates. They use the same principle.
This heat releases electromagnetic waves that cause molecules oscillation that cause energy release. This energy causes the heated environment to be warmer.
Additionally, the heated air moves upwards, i.e., from the floor and then move upwards to the ceiling. This causes every object that is within the room to capture heat.
The heat released by these infrared heaters is very moist. Therefore, the heat within that heated environment does not become dry. Also, the infrared heating retains the air within the room. This is contrary to the traditional type of heating where air can escape through any ventilation such as windows and doors.
An outdoor infrared heating system works with the same principle. It also leads the heat directly to the subject’s body. This will cause the body to stay warm. Nonetheless, you will save a lot of money because the heater does not waste a lot of energy heating our bodies.
Choosing the Best Infrared Heater
There are different types of these heaters in the market. They come in different sizes and abilities. So, when you are out there choosing an infrared heater next time, take some time and check the following factors before you decide which heater you will take home.
1. Types of infrared heaters
1. Infrared Room heaters
This is the most suitable heater for someone who lives in a small apartment or condo. It can serve an area of about 200 sq feet. This will also save a lot of energy.
It starts its job immediately you plug it into a socket.
2. High-intensity Infrared Heater
If you have a large space that you need to warm as you work, then this would be the right heater to buy. You can install one in your garage, office, or the construction site you work in.
3. Low intensity Infrared heater
You can use this heater to warm small areas. This heater produces small amounts of heat as compared to the high intensity infrared heaters.
2. When buying a good heater, you should consider the following:
1. The space that you wish to install the heater in
Carefully read the product description so that you do not take something that will not provide enough heat for your room. This is because different heaters produce heat differently.
2. Determine how big and heavy it is
Some people carry their heaters even to work. For such individuals, something like this should be portable because they are easy to carry around from place to place or room to room.
Also, if you live in a condo, then you would not want something that can take up a lot of space. Therefore, you should take a smaller heater to save up some space.
3. How Safe the Heater is
You have to ensure that the heater is safe for use especially if you have children in the house.
You can consider the following features on the heater:
- Anti-tip shut-off feature that turns off the heater if the heater happens to fall in any case
- A timer, which turns off the heater in the case that you left it on when leaving the house
- A cool-to-touch glass is crucial especially when you have children in the house. This is to prevent their sensitive hands from burning up when they touch a hot heater
Top 8 Best Infrared Heater Reviews for 2018
1. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater – Best for Heating Large Rooms and Much More
This infrared heater is one that is very safe to use. For instance, if you knock it down it will automatically shut itself. Additionally, it can shut itself down if it has been on for a long time.
The heater is portable from one room to another. This is because it weighs about 24lbs and has caster wheels that help to pull the heater on your floor if are lazy to pick it up.
Its electronic thermostat produces up to 86 degrees of heat. Therefore, leaves your room warm during heating.
- It can heat up a large room
- You can easily move it from one place to another with its installed caster wheels
- It is not noisy when during heating
- It comes with a remote control for easy operation especially when you are further seated from the heater
- Automatic shut off abilities ensures that the heater is strong even if it falls down
- You can only operate the remote when you are close and directly facing the heater
- Temperature keeps rising when you set it a certain temperature
2. Lifesmart Medium Room Infrared Heater – Remote Controlled Infrared Heater
This heater comes with a larger remote control that can help you control the heater from the comfort of your seat. This heater can only heat up small rooms, a maximum of 150 square feet room to be precise.
It has a fan within the heater that helps to circulate the air that is undergoing heating. This helps to distribute the heat quickly throughout the room.
Additionally, this heater uses less energy to heat up the room, hence you will not worry about the electric bill as such.
- You can heat up a small room using less energy of 600 watts
- The fan helps to distribute air quickly
- The fireproof cabinet protects you from burning
- It is light. Therefore, you can take it from room to room
- The large remote control provides convenience when you are far from the heater
- The fan gets damaged after a short period of time
- It is small. Thus, it can easily fall.
3. Mr. Heater 30,000 BTU Propane Blue Flame Vent-Free Heater – Quiety Infrared Heater with Battery and Much More
This heater will continue to function even when there is an electrical blackout. Therefore, it is a suitable option for individuals who live in an area that experiences frequent blackouts.
I also found this heater to be small and light. You can put it in your car and carry it to your office with ease. It weighs 31lbs in weight to be exact.
This heater can also sense when the room lacks oxygen. Thus, you will never suffocate because of lack of air when you use this heater
- It quietly distributes heat
- It is light, thus portable
- It does not have a chimney
- The heater is safe to use because it has oxygen depletion sensors
- It can function when there is no electricity
- The heater can easily break when it falls because it is light
4. Heat Storm Deluxe Logan Portable Infrared Space Heater – Best LED Display Infrared Heater For Clean Moist Air and Much More
This heater will purify the air in your room. It will provide very soft and humid air that will not cause any form of allergies.
The heater can provide heat to a large area; 1000sq feet to be exact. It has an LED display that you can use to check how high or low the temperature setting is.
The heater is small and thus you can move it from one room to another. It has castor wheels as well to help in the movement of the wheels.
- It is lightweight
- It provides clean air to your room
- It can produce large amounts of heat for keeping your garage warm
- The LED display helps to control the temperature setting with ease
- The heater lacks a timer in case it overheats
5. ClassicFlame 47II100GRG Felicity 47″ Wall Mounted Infrared Quartz Fireplace – Good for Heating a Large Room and Much More
This heater can heat a large room with ease. In fact, you can use this heater as part of your home’s design. It adds to the aesthetics to your house.
You can choose to mount it on your wall or place it a corner. Also, it comes with a remote controller that helps you change the temperature with ease.
Also, the heater cleans the air in your room. Therefore, you do not have any concerns about allergy attacks.
- It has beautiful design
- It can be used to zone heat a large area
- You can mount it on your wall
- It has LED sidelights that can glow using a variety of colors
- Provides moist air to your room
- The flames do not exhibit a natural look
6. Vornado VH2 Whole Room Vortex Heater – Safe to Touch Casing with Shut off System in Case it Falls and Much More
Do not fear to touch the casing even when it is extremely hot. Also, if you accidentally hit it, it will shut itself thanks to the shut-off system.
This heater is easy to use because you can adjust the heat to the level of comfort you would want. It has a fan that helps to distribute moist air to the room. This heater is safe to use.
- It has a fan that fans the air quickly to the room
- The casing can never heat up
- The controls on the thermostat are easy to use
- It has a timer that shuts it down in case the heater is about to overheat
- The casing is plastic made hence can melt in case the heater overheats
- The casing is also thin
7. Duraflame DFS-500-0 Thomas Electric Stove with Heater – Good Infrared Heater for Aesthetics and Zone Heating
This heater will give your room a more realistic look. The flames and the logs look real. Therefore, this heater will not only heat your room but also add to your room’s aesthetic. This heater is suitable especially if you have a modern or vintage look for your home.
This heater can zone heat a large area. You can also move around with the heater from room to room.
The casing stays cool and is safe for children and pets to touch. The heater automatically shuts off if the heater overheats in any case.
- It gives your home a modern design
- You can carry it into various rooms
- The glass does not heat up
- It can never overheat
- It saves a lot of energy
- The glass can break if the heater topples
- It does not produce much heat because it is tailored for zoned heating
8. PuraFlame 1250W Clara Red 9 inch Mini Portable electric Heater – Good LED Coal Effect with Auto Shut- Off Feature and Much More
You can use this heater to heat up rooms such as your dorm, office, and anywhere where the extra warmth is necessary. It consists of LED lit coal effect that you can use whether there is heat or not.
This heater will shut down in case it falls down or overheats. It has a handle at the back to facilitate for easy carriage from one place to another.
- It is portable
- It will shut down when it falls or overheats
- Aesthetic flame effect
- You can use to light up a larger room
- The fan makes noise during heating
- You can set to produce low heat
Ensure that there is no electrical fault when plugging these heaters in your house. This is because a fire can erupt if there is one.
We would love to hear what you think about the article. Feel free to comment and let us know what you think about the heaters we have just reviewed. You can also share the article if you liked it.