One of the essential pieces of furniture you’ll need when at home would be a fan. For those who suffer from the heat, especially during the summer time, you’ll need something to keep you cook without the hefty price tag. Since there are many types of fans out there, it may be confusing as to which one you should get. But I would suggest that you get the best tower fan for smooth oscillation without the hassle!
For those who aren’t familiar with tower fans, how would you know which one is right for you? Read on as I show you the ultimate purchasing guide to the best tower fan!
- 1 What is a Tower Fan?
- 2 Benefits of Using a Tower Fan
- 3 How to Use and Test a Tower Fan
- 4 How to Purchase the Best Tower Fan
- 5 The Top 6 Best Tower Fans 2018
- 5.1 1. Dyson Air Multiplier AM07 Tower Fan
- 5.2 Pros :
- 5.3 Cons :
- 5.4 2. Lakso Wind Curve Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer
- 5.5 Pros :
- 5.6 Cons :
- 5.7 3. Lakso 4820 Xtra Air Tower Fan with Fresh Air Ionizer
- 5.8 Pros :
- 5.9 Cons :
- 5.10 4. Ozeri 3x Tower Fan with Passive Noise Reduction Technology
- 5.11 Pros :
- 5.12 Cons :
- 5.13 5. Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan
- 5.14 Pros :
- 5.15 Cons :
- 5.16 6. Ozeri Ultra 42 inch Wind Fan – Adjustable Oscillating Tower Fan with Noise Reduction Technology
- 5.17 Pros :
- 5.18 Cons :
- 6 In Conclusion
What is a Tower Fan?
Tower fans are named the way they are because of their appearance. They have a design similar to a building, which is thin and tall. Because of this design, they save on space and have the ability to provide as much air around the room as possible.
These tower fans come in different types and features, depending on what you want it to do. Some don’t have blades and use Multiply Air technology to keep you fresh, while others have timers and excellent 360-degrees oscillation. Either way, these building-shaped fans have come a long way regarding innovation and technology.
You would usually find tower fans around offices and homes because of their excellent performance with space-saving capabilities. As compared to other types of fans, this one has a lot of benefits without just the cool design. They go great in just about any room, especially in the living room as it gives off a modern vibe without ruining the design or taking up too much space.
Benefits of Using a Tower Fan
So what exactly do these tower fans have any other types of electric fans? Here are the advantages it will be able to give you:
1. Oscillation – Some tower fans come in swing settings that can turn around 360-degrees, coming with thermostats and the high design to provide fresh and cool air throughout the entire room. It does the job excellently for a fan, making it one of the best one should invest in.
2. Noise Level – A significant disadvantage of some fans, circular or ceiling, is that they’re just so noisy! Tower fans are built to oscillate cold air without the powerful motor or heavy blades, making it easier to sleep with or hang around in silence.
3. Ease of Operation – Because tower fans just use a few buttons, or even a touch screen, to adjust its settings, you won’t have any trouble understanding its mechanism and how it works. They have a variety of settings to make your room even cooler and healthier. Some fans come with an air purifier to keep your room clean!
4. Design – The overall design of a tower fan is meant to look modern and contemporary, with a sleek design made for any room. Bu not only does it have to sturdy and fantastic build, but the space-saving advantage. I know that it’s difficult trying to put everything in one small home or room, but with a tower fan, you have a sleek and slim look you’ll be able to put anywhere!
5. Safety Features – What worried me about using a fan was the fact that my children or pets can touch the blades while it’s moving, which can injure them. But since tower fans have no blades or are caged inside, your kids won’t have the risk of touching it and hurting themselves. Plus, it comes with other safety features including a timer or long cord you won’t trip on.
How to Use and Test a Tower Fan
When testing out a tower fan, you’ll need to make sure that you follow these tips:
- Check its smoothness in operation. Turn it on and check if it oscillates well and can provide the cool air quickly and efficiently WITHOUT any noise or pauses. It has to be powerful without taking up too much electricity.
- Look at its buttons or the way you control it. If it comes with a remote control, ensure that it works even when at a distance for easy controlling. Also, check its features and thermostat to see if it works well and it can transition to different settings quickly.
- Check how safe it is to use when with the kids and placed in a room. Ensure that there are no safety hazards that can injure anyone.
- As for cleaning and maintenance, it may be a bit difficult since they are under grills. But it’s easy as long as you know how to detach it and use compressed air, blowing it to the panels to remove any form of dust or small debris it may have gotten. Clean it at least once a week to reduce chances of dust going around and giving your household allergies.
- Another tip on maintaining your fan is to keep the timer on. Avoid overusing it and turn it off when not in use, giving it time to rest. Don’t add too much stress or pressure to it as well for it to last longer.
How to Purchase the Best Tower Fan
Now that you’re familiar with what tower fans do and how you can’t set them to see if it’s working properly, the next question is: How do you know if the tower fan you’re getting is best for you? Here are some tips and factors to consider:
1. Performance and Power – This aspect is very crucial. You need something that can save on energy but won’t scrimp on power. It should be able to oscillate cold and fresh air around the whole room with ease and without the noise. It’s best to focus on tower fans that have the excellent performance that can cool up any room without looking like it’s having a hard time.
2. Design and Build – The design is important as this makes or breaks the ambiance of your room. You have a choice of choosing the color or look your fan has, looking for one according to what you want your room to look like.
But the more important thing to focus on would be the build. It should be made out of the durable and quality materials to last for a long time without it breaking easily. It should also be robust enough to withstand pressure and perform effectively.
3. Safety Features – This is very important to consider, especially if you are with children or pets. Get a tower fan that has safety features such as a timer, an auto shutoff feature, and a cord long enough that people can’t trip on.
4. Extra Features – You may want some extra features from your tower fan, such as a remote control or air purifier. This can be for those who aren’t able to move around as much and need a fan they can adjust the settings to from a distance. Some even have various modes suitable for your comfort levels.
5. Ease of Use and Maintenance – Your tower fan has to be easy to understand, with buttons or a touch screen you can quickly use or press to adjust the settings according to how you want it. It should also be easy to clean and maintain, with the fan not being too difficult to disassemble for weekly cleaning.
Some tower fans can easily adjust according to the angle or height you want it to be. If you want it pointed towards you or oscillating around the room, then it’s best to get something you can easily adjust.
6. Warranty and Package – While the package would usually only come with a fan and instruction manual to easily use, consider the warranty to be assured that you have a fan to last you for a long time. Look into what the warranty can give you, the limitations and length of it.
The Top 6 Best Tower Fans 2018
Based on my research, testing, and overall customer reviews, here are the top six best tower fans to check out:
|MODEL||DIMENSIONS||ITEM WEIGHT||OUR SCORE|
|Dyson 63456-01 Air Multiplier AM07 Tower Fan||4.4 x 7.5 x 39.6 in||9 lbs||4.9|
|Lasko Wind Curve Fan||13 x 13 x 42.5 in||13.5 lbs||4.7|
|Lasko 4820 Xtra Air Tower Fan||13 x 13 x 48 in||14.1 lbs||4.6|
|Ozeri 3x Tower Fan (44")||45.8 x 13.8 x 6.5 in||17.6 lbs||4.8|
|Honeywell HY-280 QuietSet Whole Room Tower Fan||10.8 x 8.2 x 32.8 in||8.3 lbs||4.5|
|Ozeri Ultra 42" Wind Adjustable Oscillating Tower Fan||38 x 7.2 x 9.5 in||11.7 lbs||4.8|
One of the best tower fans I have seen today would be Dyson because of its excellent technology it puts into their fans! I love the fact that this tower fan uses Air Multiplier Technology, with annular aperture that draws surrounding air to create a cooling airflow. That means there are NO blades or choppy air, making it silent and peaceful but cool and fresh.
It’s energy efficient and has you save money in the long run, also with a sleep, timer so you won’t need to worry about it running throughout the night. You can program it between 15 minutes to nine hours, using the remote control to change the timer and set it according to the ten different airflow settings you want.
With all these awesome features and the latest technology, it’s definitely worth the investment.
- Ten different airflow settings and timer
- Energy efficient
- Quiet motor
- Very cool air
- Comes with two-year warranty
- Easy to clean
- Beautiful design
- Expensive price
- Can’t adjust settings without remote
Lakso is known as one of the most popular brands out there that produces quality fans and appliances, with their curve tower fan being one of them. It comes at a sleek and classic design, made out of strong construction and the metal build you want fort to last for a long period of time.
It comes with a fresh ionizer option with a wind curve, profile so it doesn’t only emit cool air, but fresh and clean air as well. You can choose between three speeds, with all of them delivering maximum air. It also comes with a remote control and a timer, along with a safety blog and handle to make the tower easy to carry around.
For those who need something quality and affordable, this is it!
- Three quiet speeds and timer
- Comes with a remote control
- Beautiful and sleek design
- Has a fresh air ionizer
- Durable construction
- Not as much air to keep you very cool
- Remote might be difficult to control
If you want something with more of a modern design and build, then Lakso comes back with the Xtra Air Tower Fan. While this one comes with a fresh air ionizer as well, with three quiet speeds and wide-spread oscillation to keep your whole room cool and with the, clean air your family deserves. It’s got the beautifully sleek design that looks perfect in any home, modern and with a strong build made to last. It’s also easy to carry and store with its handle.
The fan comes with a remote you can store easily as it comes with a storage area as well. While it does need simple assembly, it’s easy to do and will only take less than an hour.
- Quiet and perfect for nighttime use
- Very cold air coming out
- Sleek and space-saving design
- Easy to carry and store
- Has a fresh air ionizer
- Remote needs to be pointed at the fan’s control box
- Not the best for very large rooms
The Ozeri tower fan uses blades, but they are covered by an excellent design that looks very professional and unique. It is an upgraded Ozeri fan with canted fan blades that generate sound waves that have NO blade noise but the soothing sound of airflow. I also love the three different fan speeds with nine cooling levels for that customized airflow you prefer.
The style and digital decor is known to be one of the thinnest fans and with the 90-degree oscillation for optimal air circulation. With its remote control and touch LED control panel you can easily use (and a timer!), it’s definitely worth the price you pay for- and more!
- Reasonable price for its features
- Beautiful and digital design
- NO noise and cools excellently
- Different customizations to choose from- with a timer
- Has both remote control and touch sensitive LED panel
- Just one-year warranty
- Customer service isn’t good
- Base of stand is plastic and not durable
- Blue light doesn’t turn off and without reason
What you’ll love about Honeywell is that it comes with eight different speeds that are still quiet and breezy. It has the eatable oscillation and breeze setting you need to cool a whole room. I also appreciate its digital display that can be controlled through touch or the remote control. It has the eight speeds, a thermostat, and an auto shutoff timer to easily customize and save energy. All in all, a wise investment that’s built to last for years.
- One of the quietest fans
- Eight different speed levels
- Has a thermostat and timer
- Sleek and beautiful design
- LED panel is bright
- Base isn’t very sturdy
- Settings clear when you turn the fan off
Ozeri is back again with a tower fan that has the design suitable for modern homes. It has an LED digital display to easily view the settings, as well as a variety of controls you can easily understand. It has the sophisticated and stylish space-saving built that lasts for a long time, as well as the excellent performance that generates better air velocity without the noise.
It’s easy to assemble and has the three patterns and speed, along with a timer. Everything you need at an affordable price.
- Easy to assemble
- Has excellent airflow without noise
- Small and easy to store
- Many features to choose from
- Cool and modern design
- Not for huge rooms
- Functions erratically sometimes
When it comes to staying cool and fresh during the hot weather, then you should invest in the right things, such as a tower fan. These tower fans hold a lot of benefits as compared to other types of fans, known to give you cold air without the hassle.
Out of all the tower fans I tried and reviewed, the best one would have to go to the Dyson Air Multiplier AM07 Tower Fan. This tower fan is the absolute best in terms of design and functionality, made out of the premium-grade materials built to last. Its Air Multiplier technology is made to have the cool airflow without the blades or choppy air.
With its multiple safety features and a remote control to easily adjust the settings, it’s definitely worth the investment. A plus side is that it comes, with a warranty so you are assured a fan to last for years to come.
I hope that this article on the best tower fan helped you become more knowledgeable on what you need to invest in for your home or office. So what are you waiting for? Check out any of these tower fans today and enjoy the air for a healthier mind and body!
If you have any questions or would like to share your reviews on the best tower fan, then comment down below. I wold love to hear what you have to think.