When it comes to having a clean home, you will need a good vacuum cleaner to keep all things pristine and neat. But the problem I’ve had was vacuuming the stairs, which can be a bit more difficult as compared to cleaning bigger area. That’s why I started searching up on the best vacuum for stairs to see what suits best for me and my home!
So if you are looking for an efficient vacuum to clean your stairs, then read on as I show you the ultimate purchasing guide to help you out.
Why Do You Need A Vacuum?
You’re probably wondering: Why do I need to bother myself with the stairs?
First of all, the stars are one of the common areas where most foot traffic is, so you will expect a lot of dust and germs around the area since you never know where your shoes or feet have touched before. And it may also be more difficult vacuuming each step individually compared to vacuuming a whole room because of the thin area you will be cleaning when taking care of the stairs.
I know that feeling of having to hassle myself cleaning the stairs, and it’s harder when it’s carpeted because you can’t sweep all the dust-up that easily. That’s why having a vacuum specialized for both the stairs and rooms is optimal. Not only will you have the suction to remove all types of dust and debris found in stairs, but it makes life easier, saving time and effort when cleaning.
But what are a vacuum’s other benefits when using it to clean the stairs?
- It saves time and makes cleaning easier and more efficient because you can pick up almost anything that a broom can’t include liquids! And using a vacuum will lessen the hassle of having to clean individual steps without sweeping all over again.
- Maintenance of your stairs will be easier as well, saving you money in the long run when maintaining the cleanliness of the rug or carpeted area of the stairs.
- And most importantly, the vacuum cleaners for stairs would improve your health. With minimal germs and dust buildup after cleaning the stairs, there’s no worry about the risk of allergies or sicknesses from the dust circulating in the air anymore.
How To Use A Vacuum For Stairs
A common issue for many homeowners is vacuuming the stairs. Here are some tips to help you out when doing so:
- Before you begin vacuuming the stairs, check the whole staircase to see if there are any items or bigger trash that can be thrown away, as it may clog up the vacuum. You may also want to start dusting your handrails and stair spindles before vacuuming.
- Once you have begun vacuuming, begin with the cornered areas of each stair step. This is one of the areas where the biggest buildup of dust would be. I recommend you to use a small nozzle or the attachment with a pointed profile. Clean each corner and double sweep, starting with the bottom and working your way up, then going back down.
- After the corners, use a wider attachment or brush to vacuum. Again, work your way up and cover the whole step’s surface, also covering the vertical part of the step.
- Again, I recommend that you start your way up, then vacuum the steps one more time as you go down, making the cleaning process easier.
- Using an upright vacuum is more optimal for cleaning the whole step, but I recommend to use a handheld or long-reach hose to clean the corners, with the appropriate nozzle.
- Clean your stairs once a week, don’t delay cleanup! This goes especially for carpeted stairs, which require more maintenance than the usual sweeping.
- To prevent making the stairs dirtier, avoid stepping on it with dirty shoes or feet. If you have pets, groom them to avoid too much fur falling around the staircases.
How To Choose The Best Vacuum For Stairs
Now that you know about a vacuum for stairs, how will you select the best one suitable for both you and your home, specifically your stairs? Here are some tips and factors to consider:
1. Type Of Vacuum – There are different types of vacuums to choose from, and for the stairs, I would recommend one that is handheld, with a long cord you can swipe through the stairs with ease. If you do purchase an upright vacuum, go for one that has a handheld option.
2. Storage and Portability – The vacuum you choose should have the efficient design that makes it easy to store and put it in a room without it ruining the design or having people trip over it. It should also be portable enough to carry it around different rooms or up and down the stairs.
3. Size and Weight – Of course, you can’t get the portability and easy storage without the vacuum being lightweight and at the right size to store it away. I like my vacuums as light as possible without compromising its performance.
4. Suction, Noise, and Performance – The overall performance of your vacuum should be one of the most crucial things to consider! You’ll want the ultimate suction to remove all the dirt, liquids, and debris found on the staircase. I also like my vacuums with minimal noise as possible to avoid disturbing other people in the household.
5. Price – Price will always be a factor when choosing the best vacuum for stairs. There should be a balance between the quality-and-price ratio. Don’t scrimp on your vacuum, but avoid overspending on one that isn’t worth it. You just need to stick to your budget and do the proper research!
Top 5 Best Vacuum For Stairs Reviews 2020
Based on my tests, research, and overall customer reviews, here are the top five best vacuum for stairs reviews:
What I love about the Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac is how easy it is to bring around. It’s only less than four pounds and has a small size so that I can store it just about anywhere! The vacuum also has the long power cord, so when vacuuming up the stairs, I was able to reach every nook and cranny without getting tired or having to charge it. I had the freedom to clean the whole staircase without moving outlets or tugging on the vacuum.
As for its performance, it will NEVER lose suction, and that’s what I appreciate most. It’s also effortless to clean, as it has the easy-to-empty dust cup. No need for bags or messy emptying anymore. I couldn’t believe it took less time cleaning my stairs than usual. For its power and advanced technology in this small device, I can say it’s worth the price!
The first thing I noticed about the Bissell SpotClean Portable Vacuum was its innovative design. Once I have tried it, you can see its excellent performance that comes with the portable and handy tool. It comes with various features to choose from, ranging from the Cleaning Boost Bundle down to Professional Deep Cleaning. I prefer the SpotClean feature the most because it can clean almost anything when cleaning the stairs!
It removed all those irritating spots and stains from the stairs, and with its five-flex hose, I was able to reach the nooks and crannies, so I didn’t miss anything at all. The complete package came with the deep cleaning formula that works excellently, and the vacuum’s long power cord had me reach everywhere without having to transfer my plugs to other outlets constantly. All in all, I can say it’s worth the price for everything you get!
Yes, Bissell is a trusted brand when it comes to vacuums, and I can vouch for their handheld vacuum! I like how lightweight it is, without the need to worry about storage or moving it around when cleaning the stairs. The long power cord is long enough to use when going up the stairs, as all as its curved carrying handle that makes it easy to bring up and down. The easy-empty dust cup also makes cleaning hassle-free!
When using the vacuum, you will love the additional tools that are flexible and will cover all the corners of your stairs and rooms. No worry for attachment or assembly, because it will only take a minute or so to get things ready, and less than an hour to clean your stairs. So if you’re looking for something affordable and with the quality performance, then this is the one for you.
If you’re one who prefers an upright vacuum over the usual handheld for the sake of cleaning both rooms and stairs, then I would recommend the Eufy HomeVac. It’s affordable but packs a punch, providing everything you will need when cleaning and vacuuming the house. It has the powerful suction that only requires a few passes to successfully get all the germs and dirt from the floors, no matter the type of floor.
What makes this vacuum different is that it’s rechargeable and uses the battery, offering almost an hour of vacuuming without stopping. It’s also lightweight enough to bring around the house, which is surprising for its size! The plus side: It comes with everything you need in a vacuum, including a warranty to ensure a quality vacuum to last.
Easy to use and bring around, this upright vacuum is a must for the household, as it works anytime and anywhere.
If you’re looking for the ultimate upgrade and have the budget for it, then Dyson is your best bet. You will love this upright vacuum as it offers one of the most powerful suction that you will ever find in a vacuum. It’s perfect for any floor, including the stairs, catching all types of dust and dirt.
When cleaning up, there’s no need to worry about throwing it yourself. In one push of a button, you can empty the bun and remove all the allergens from your vacuum and home.
It comes with all the tools you need to clean the stairs, as well as the flexible long-reach hose, so you can attach it to the vacuum and clean the stairs without the worry of using the clunky body. Yes, it may be a bit pricier than what you expect, but I can say it’s an investment worth making.
I know how difficult it can be having to clean the whole home, most particularly the stairs! That’s why an effective vacuum suitable for the area will help you out in shaving the time and effort required when doing so. Through an effective vacuum to clean and suck up all the dust and germs from your stairs, you won’t need to worry about any allergies or dust around the house anymore!
Out of all the vacuums, I tested and reviewed, the one I would recommend most would have to go to the Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac. It isn’t just about the reputable brand name, but the lightweight body that can easily be carried around. The hand vacuum has the essential tools you can choose from when vacuuming any stairs, never losing its suction and having the long power to move around the room and up the stairs. It’s a fantastic purchase for both the stairs and the whole home!
I hope that this article on the best vacuum for stairs helped you become more knowledgeable on what you need to purchase for your home’s cleanliness, particularly in the stairs! So don’t wait any longer and start looking up into getting a vacuum to clean your stairs efficiently today.
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and reviews on the best vacuum for stairs, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.