When it comes to cleaning my home, I only use the best products. SInce technology is quickly improving for the better, I make it a point to always used the advanced tools and equipment to keep my home clean and fresh. And this includes vacuums! When vacuuming, I get to reap a ton of benefits while saving time in cleaning. But the question many people ask when doing so is: How often should you vacuum?
You’re going to find a lot of different answers, which makes it confusing. So read on as I show you the real answers and tips on vacuuming.
Why Should You Vacuum Regularly?
So, why should you even vacuum in the first place? Isn’t it fine to only use your regular wipe and cleaning solution?
While that’s fine to use, vacuuming will be able to do so much more than simply save time. Here are the benefits using a vacuum will be able to do for you:
1. Getting Rid of Dirt – Sure, your broom and wipes will be able to clean away dirt from floor and corners, but so does your vacuum, and with even better accuracy. Through using advanced technology to suck away dust, it doesn’t only remove dust on surfaces, but in the air as well. You will be able to be confident that your home and office is squeaky clean that way.
2. Less Allergies – Because the vacuum can reduce the dust on both surfaces and air, it will remove allergens and dust mites as well, which is what cause allergies and illnesses in your home in the first place. It can suck anything that causes allergies, from your pet hair down to loose dust bunnies on the carpet.
3. Saves Your Floor – If you are using a carpet, then sweeping or using “manual” methods of cleaning isn’t enough. With the proper vacuum, you can extend your carpet’s lifespan by keeping it free from dust and dirt that would affect its quality. Vacuuming will also help save your furniture such as couches or other surfaces.
4. Save Time and Energy – Who likes being on the floor, attempting to wipe or sweep away dust for hours at a time? Through vacuuming, you save a ton of time by only passing through your floor or furniture. You won’t be on the ground anymore (unless using a handheld vacuum), and you won’t tire yourself as much putting all your effort, which can go to work!
How Often Should You Vacuum?
So, how often should you vacuum? You may have heard a ton of different answers. It will depend on where you’re vacuuming and who lives in the area.
You need to vacuum the carpets or rugs at least two times per week, even more in high-traffic areas. High-traffic means that the areas where most people stand or step on. For those who own pets, it’s best to vacuum the surfaces at least twice or thrice a week to remove any dirt or hair your pet may come in with.
For rooms lower in traffic, then once a week is enough. You can even make it twice a week for maintenance since even though you don’t step or stay in the room for long, it still incurs dust.
Another factor will also be on who’s living with you. For those who have children, you may want to vacuum more often than usual. It isn’t because kids bring in more dust from playing outside, but because they are more susceptible to illnesses and allergies from the dirt they inhale from the room.
If sick and older adults live with you or you operate a medical facility, vacuuming almost every day will help protect their health.
Season and temperature are also important to take note of. Carpets will require more vacuuming during summer because more dust and debris come inside from people who come in from the hot outdoors. Humidity may also create moisture, which attracts dust, so you will want to vacuum thrice a week or more during these times.
Tips on How to Vacuum Properly
Now that you’re familiar with how many times you should vacuum and how important it is to do so, here are some tips you can follow to vacuum and clean your home or office correctly:
- Don’t be content with just one pass. As much as possible, vacuum multiple times in one area, going over it in various directions to pull away dirt and debris efficiently. This is a good tip for those who have any pets to get rid of hair entirely!
- Create a schedule. I know that we all don’t have the gift of time to vacuum every day, which is why you should create a plan that works for you and stick with it.
- Maintain your vacuum well by changing the bag or emptying the canister after cleaning. This will help make it easier for future vacuuming and keep your vacuum working properly.
- When vacuuming, be sure to remove all small objects from the floor, may it be baby’s toys or pens from work. It’s also better to pick up any big dust particles to avoid your vacuum from breaking anything inside it.
- Focus on hard-to-clean places and choose the right setting before vacuuming. Deep cleaning is beneficial!
Whether you’re cleaning your home or office, vacuuming is an essential part of your routine. Through vacuuming, you’ll be able to achieve the cleanest room without the risk of allergies or dust bunnies flying around. All through regular cleaning and the right way on how to vacuum.
I hope that this article answers your question “How often should you vacuum?” Now that you are familiar with how many times you should vacuum and how to do it, why not schedule your next cleaning session and start aiming for a spotless home or office today?
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences with vacuuming, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.