Foods rich in fats can put you in the risk of several unhealthy factors. These foods can cause you to gain excess weight that you do not need; you can also become a potential cancer patient; increase chances of getting cancer including many other adverse effects.
Most people will prefer to run away from these types of foods to embrace a healthy lifestyle.
On the other hand, there is a solution to that. You can cook those chicken nuggets and fries once again. This time round they will be cholesterol free and will cook within a very short period.
You can use power air fryers for this purpose. This article gives a review of the power air fryer XL. We will also provide a lot of information that can help you when purchasing this power air fryer.
- 1 Benefits and Limitations of Power Air Fryer
- 2 How the Power Air Fryer XL Works
- 3 Power Air Fryer XL Review: What Makes It So Great
- 4 The Power air fryer when Compared to Other Products
- 5 Conclusion
Benefits and Limitations of Power Air Fryer
- You can use these fryers to cook various foods. For instance, you can use the fryers to fry, roast, and grill food. This ability makes it a must have item for household owners
- You can quickly clean the air f You can put the air fryer your dishwasher to clean this device after disassembling all its parts. It does not take much of your time to scrub the air fryer’s parts
- For individuals who want to lose some weight, or even people who are conscious of how they look can use this product without any fear. This is because the air fryer can cook without having to put any oil on the meat or the fries. These air fryers reduce the fat content in the food up to 80 percent.
- Compared to deep-frying, this method is better. This is because no oil may splash on your skin when you are putting the meat chunks or the fries in the fryer. To some, deep-frying can be scary because boiling oil can splash on you.
- The power air fryer is different from the old version because it is secure. The food is usually covered so no splash whatsoever.
- This method can cook the food in the fryer within 5 minutes which is contrary to the original 20 minutes as you cook fries any other foods
- Nutrients are essential in the body. These nutrients can disappear you overheat or overcook the food in the air fryer
- The power air fryer goes off by itself once it feels the food is ready for consumption.
- This power air fryer does not have the capacity to cook a lot of food at once. The cooking space is small. This is limiting especially if you have many visitors at your place. Therefore, the only solution would be cooking the food in small bits/ sets
- Be sure to wear gloves when removing food from the air fryer. This is because these air fryers can cause a burn if you touch them with your bare hands.
- It is crucial that you keep it away from children. Otherwise, you would have to call an ambulance in case anyone burns
- The power fryer is small but dense. Place it on a firm counter top to keep it from toppling.
- Before you settle on your preferred air fryer, just check the weight and size specification so that can fit in your kitchen
How the Power Air Fryer XL Works
Nowadays people have become too busy. They prefer preparing foods within minutes. That is why people have decided to adopt this power air fryer.
This kitchen appliance uses turbo cyclonic air to cook food kept inside it. This air is usually very hot and circulates inside the fryer. It works just the same as the oven. However, it works faster.
You can cook these fast foods quicker with little or no oil. That is why many people prefer this fryer since it gives them an opportunity to eat calorie and fat-free food. Typically, manufacturers say that this fryer reduces the amount of fat by 80 percent, as mentioned earlier.
So, you can cook fries next time you are on a diet. Do not fear.
The fryer heats up the air up to 400 degrees Celsius. Thus, the air is enough to fry foods such as chicken, fish, chips, pastries and many other foods.
The power air fryer can cook up to 7 types of fast foods. You simply have to set the fryer to cook whichever food you have placed inside the cooking chamber using the 7 preset programs available. Additionally, the fryer owns a timer. It is digital in nature and usually shuts off the fryer to prevent overcooking the food.
1. The cooking Chamber
Inside the cooking chamber, we have a radiator that releases the heat that the food requires.
It also has an exhaust fan that works hand in hand with the radiator and releases the air necessary. This air ensures that the heat flows continuously to the food in a regular manner.
2. The exhaust fan is located just above the radiator.
The hot air usually travels fast through the food. It takes a few minutes to have food ready. The food will appear crisp and brown.
3. The cooling system
You will normally feel how hot the machine gets when you touch the external parts of the power air fryer. Thus, the machine has a cooling system that helps cool its internal parts.
The power air fryer contains a fan attached to the motor axis that does an excellent job. Therefore, air passes from the top to the bottom of the fryer.
4. Other features:
- The power air fryer XL weighs about 5.8 pounds. It also measures 14X13.9X8 inches
- You can cook food worth serving around six people
- It uses around 1700 watts, which is a good amount of energy needed for the cooking process
- The power air fryer comes with extra acce For instance, it comes with a larger fry basket for fitting chicken; a pair of tongs; pizza pan; and a basket insert
Additionally, an extra cookbook will help you cook better using this fryer.
Power Air Fryer XL Review: What Makes It So Great
Different customers have different feelings about the power air fryer XL. Some prefer the work that the fryer does while other find it difficult to use.
Operating the fryer
Customers appreciated the fact the fryer’s buttons are easy to work with and are placed in a very simple way. They include the centered power button, preset button and time and temperature control buttons.
On the other hand, some complained that they found it hard to operate the preset buttons. This is because the type of food you want to cook appears in small icons, which are hard to distinguish.
Some customers appreciated the fact that the timer can shut itself after it finishes cooking. Also, customers saw it temperature efficient for the different cooking it does.
Ensure that you are keen on the vent as it can blow up if it has an obstruction that prevents air from passing through. Therefore, you should make sure you place nothing on the vent.
Cleaning the system
Cleaning the dishwasher is easy. You can put the inner parts in your dishwasher.
The inner basket contains a non-stick coating that makes it easy to wash. However, you should never wash the outer basket in the dishwasher.
When tested with cooking different foods, they found out that:
- French fries came out of the fryer were not as crispy as when placed in a deep fry. However, it takes a few minutes to prepare them. You should leave the basket halfway open to give room to remove the basket when turning the fries
- You should leave the basket half-open when cooking a steak just as when cooking the French fries. It takes up to 14 minutes to cook it. The cooked steak appears boiled and will not have any grilling lines whatsoever.
- When cooking roasted chicken, the meat is very sweet. You should apply some little oil to cook. Turn it to the other side after some time. However, customers complain that the inside parts of the chicken may need more time to prepare despite the upper parts taking little time to make
- When cooking steamed vegetables, the result looks roasted. This is because you cannot add any water inside the fryer to provide the steam needed.
- When sautéing fish the skin does not become as crispy as the cooked chicken’s skin does. However, the fish is as tasty and juicy as ever
The Power air fryer when Compared to Other Products
1. Air Frying compared to deep-frying
The air frying technique is just an upgrade of the deep-frying technique. You use these two techniques to make delicious foods crispier. Additionally, you use oil to help brown them.
However, these two techniques have differences such as:
- You do not need to use a lot of oil to cook with when using the air fryer. In fact, the food will come out of the fryer with less oil, which settles at the bottom of the basket. The food does not have high calories or fat content as compared to when you deep fry the food
- Air frying is safer than deep-frying. The oil can splash on you when putting the chips or the meat chunks in it. This can cause unnecessary burns to your skin
- Only experts can use deep fry whereas a newbie can air fry food by just understanding how to use the power air fryer XL.
- Deep-frying can cause a lot of mess in the kitchen. This is because of oil splashing and the deep fryer’s flame. On the other hand, the air fryer will ensure that your kitchen remains clean and no splash takes place like in the air fryer.
2. The Power air fryer compared to other models
The power air fryer XL requires more electrical energy than most of the air fryers. It requires up to 1700 watts for it to function properly. However, other air fryers normally use from 800 to 1400 watts
Also, the air fryer XL produces more heat than other fryers since it can reach up to 400 degrees. This is contrary to most air fryers that reach up to 360 degrees.
On the other hand, this machine is quicker than most of the ovens we use. Therefore, it is a good appliance to have at home.
Based on the information provided above, the power air fryer XL is a necessary machine for your kitchen.
We would love to hear what you think about the air fryer XL. Also, share the experiences you have had with it since you bought it.
You can also share the article with your friends if you liked it.